The first step in getting more online bookings is getting more traffic to your website. While there is no catch-all solution to getting qualified traffic to your website, here are a few helpful tips to consider.
1. Focus on SEO – Organic traffic from search engines is free and normally very qualified, meaning that the people visiting your site are in the market for renting a vacation property. Here are a few tips to improve the way Google ranks your website:
- Target Realistic Keywords (when you’re just starting, you may want to focus primarily on longer, more specific terms)
- Create Content That is Unique and Helps Your Guests
- Optimize Your Pages for Keywords (Page Title, Meta Information, Headings, Alt Tags, etc.)
- Create and Attract Back Links (links that point back to your website from other websites)
2. Create Pay-Per-Click Campaigns – Google Adwords allows you to bid on top search terms and pay to be listed on the first page. You’ll pay only when someone clicks on your ad, and you can set budgets so that you don’t overspend. If done smartly, Adwords can offer a huge return on investment for your marketing efforts.
3. Send Marketing Emails – As a professional manager, you probably have already gathered a big list of past guests and prospects that you can send marketing emails to. Marketing emails are a great way to entice people to book your properties and to keep your business top of mind. Furthermore, email marketing tools like Mail Chimp and Constant Contact are fairly inexpensive, leading many marketers to say that their email marketing efforts give them the best return on investment among their marketing channels.
4. Try Google Re-Marketing – A little known feature of the Google Adsense program is the ability to record what visitors come to your site and then show only these visitors display ads on other sites. Any website that runs Google Adsense ads is eligible (and there are tons of sites online using it). Once a guest comes to your website, they’ll see your ads all over the internet. Google Re-Marketing generally comes in at a lower cost per click than Adwords and allows you to get a massive amount of impressions.
5. Don't Forget about Social Media and Blogging – Creating and sharing content on social media channels is a great way to grow your online following and create consistent streams of traffic to your website. The content creation and sharing process can even help with your SEO efforts. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Initially, focus on the big channels: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and your blog.
- Submit your best website pages and blogs to social bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon and Reddit.
- Try running promotions that are exclusive to your followers (or require a person to follow you to get the benefit)
- Try advertising on these channels. It’s a great way to grow your followers.
- Make sure to share all the content you create on these channels. You always want to include a call action in your posts, whether it is asking the person to like your post, retweet your post, follow your blog, click on a link, etc.
- Use a free program like HootSuite to schedule your posts in advance.
These are just a few quick tips to help you get more traffic to your website. Check out some of our other blog posts to find more information on marketing tips and tricks.
Learn More About LiveRez
LiveRez is the fastest growing vacation rental software provider for professional vacation rental managers. The company’s cloud-based, end-to-end platform offers fully integrated solutions for reservation management, trust accounting and online marketing, with high-ranking, high-conversion dynamic websites and an extensive affiliate marketing program. The company is a proud Gold Sponsor of the Vacation Rental Manager’s Association (VRMA).
Visit LiveRez.com to learn more:
| Did you like this post?
Please consider "liking" it and sharing it on your social media channels via the buttons below. You can also follow us and get notifications of all new posts via the "Follow" button in the bottom right-hand part of the screen.