Every vacation rental manager could use a boost to their bookings, right? If you’re searching for a few more ways to optimize your marketing efforts, check out the list below.
1. Track and Test – By far, the most important thing you can do as a marketer is track your results and test different approaches. Marketing is an art, but, done right, it’s more of a science. At the very least, you should be running Google Analytics on your website and regularly testing results against your marketing efforts. It’s hard to improve your marketing if you don’t know what is working and what is failing. Check out these resources for more help:
- Goal Tracking in Google Analytics for Vacation Rental Managers
- How Vacation Rental Managers Can Track their Marketing Campaigns in Google Analytics
2. Find a Niche – It’s all about picking your battles. As an amateur boxer you wouldn’t go up against the heavy weight world champ in your first match, right? You always want to put yourself in a position to win, and that’s what niche marketing does. Whether it’s focusing your SEO efforts on long-tail terms or positing your business within a specific segment of your market, you’ll define your own playing field and work to be the big fish in a small pond rather than just another fish in an over-crowded large pond. Check out these resources for more help:
- 5 Niche Marketing Strategies for Vacation Rental Managers (via the LiveRez.com Downloads Page)
3. Don’t Forget Email Marketing – If you’re a professional vacation rental manager and are not conducting email marketing, you’re throwing away bookings. Email is a great channel to stay in touch with your past guests and all those inquiries that haven’t converted yet. You can tell these travelers about all the fun things they can do when they visit, highlight amazing guest experiences, advertise your specials (everyone likes a deal!) and promote your properties. There are even free email marketing services out there (see Mail Chimp). And, if you’re using LiveRez it will take you just a matter of seconds to export information about your past guests and leads. Check out these resources for more help:
4. Don’t Ignore Your Website – Nowadays your website is the primary place travelers are going to go to learn about you. It’s also quickly becoming the place where they make reservations, as well. Because of these two factors, there is no excuse for ignoring your website. Your website just can’t be just okay, it has to be amazing. It has to look good. It has to be easy to use. Your property listings need to be well-written and have professional-level photography. Your entire website needs to be optimized for conversion. And, with the huge influx of mobile traffic in recent years, it has to be mobile friendly, too. Check out these resources for more help:
- A Look at Conversion with LiveRez-Powered Websites
- Compare Your Website to a LiveRez Website
- How LiveRez Websites Make Browsing for Vacation Rentals Easier
- LiveRez Mobile Websites
5. Embrace Social Media and Blogging – Social Media is here to stay. Your guests now expect you to have a presence on social media. And, search engines are slowly using social media signals to adjust search engine results. But, you can’t simply have a Facebook page or Twitter account or a blog, you need to embrace the medium and be active. An inactive social media channel or inactive blog is almost as bad as nothing at all. Check out these resources for more help:
- Social Media Series for Vacation Rental Managers: How to Get the Most out of Facebook
- Social Media Series: Getting the Most out of Twitter
- Social Media Series: Google+ for Vacation Rental Managers
- Vacation Rental Blogging: How to Generate Ideas for Posts
- Five Reasons Why Every Vacation Rental Manager Should Have a Blog
6. Diversify Your Paid Advertising – If you’re putting all your paid marketing dollars in listings sites, you’re setting yourself up to fail (or least become dependent on the medium). Just like your investment portfolio, when it comes to paid marketing diversity is good. You never want to be dependent on a single channel for the majority of your bookings. Instead of putting all of eggs in one basket, try utilizing paid search listings (Google Adwords, Yahoo/Bing) or Google Adsense Remarketing. Check out these resources for more help:
- Adwords Primer (via the LiveRez.com Downloads Page)
7. Be Patient – Rome was not built in a day. Neither will your brand awareness, your search engine rankings, your mailing lists, your website traffic, etc. Trees don’t grow overnight either, but that has never kept people from planting seeds. That’s how you need to look at your marketing efforts. Make sure you are always planting seeds, tending the soil and watering your plants. And, if you do it right, you’ll be harvesting the fruits of efforts for years to come.
Learn More About LiveRez
LiveRez is the fastest growing vacation rental software provider for professional vacation rental managers. The company’s cloud-based, end-to-end platform offers fully integrated solutions for reservation management, trust accounting and online marketing, with high-ranking, high-conversion dynamic websites and an extensive affiliate marketing program. The company is a proud Gold Sponsor of the Vacation Rental Manager’s Association (VRMA).
Visit LiveRez.com to learn more:
| Did you like this post?
Please consider “liking” it and sharing it on your social media channels via the buttons below. You can also follow us and get notifications of all new posts via the “Follow” button in the bottom right-hand part of the screen.