As a part of this upgrade, LiveRez has added additional support for both ecommerce and demographic reporting within Google Analytics.
The ecommerce reports focus mostly on online bookings. For each booking made online, the report in Google Analytics will show the following data points:
- Transaction Number
- Name of Property
- Total Reservation Cost
- Total Tax
- City, State and Country where Booking was Made
- Number of Nights Booked
- Whether Reservation was Booked on a Computer, Tablet or Mobile Device
According to Google Analytics, the demographic reports “let you see not only how many of your users visit over a date range, but also who those users are, and how their behavior varies by attribute (e.g., male vs. female).”
These reports will show the following data points:
- Traffic by age
- Traffic by gender
- Traffic by interest
Activating These Features in Google Analytics
IMPORTANT: In order to see these new features within Google Analytics, you’ll need to activate them. See the instructions below for more information on activating these features:
Setting Up Ecommerce Tracking within Google Analytics
1. Click Admin from the menu bar at the top of any screen in Analytics.
2. Use the drop down menus to select the Account, Property, and View.
3. Click View Settings.
4. In the Ecommerce Settings section, click the toggle so it says ON.
5. Click Save at the bottom of the page.
*LiveRez has already installed a custom ecommerce tracking code on its partners’ websites.
Enabling Demographic Reports in Google Analytics
1. Go to your left-hand menu in Google Analytics, and under the “Audience” section, click on Demographics and then Overview.
2. This will pull up a new interface in the main window. Click the “Enable” button to turn on the report.
*LiveRez has already installed the demographic tracking code on its partners’ websites.
Please note that according to Google, it can take up to 24 hours before you could start seeing data populated in these reports.
Learn More About LiveRez
LiveRez is the fastest growing vacation rental software provider for professional vacation rental managers. The company’s cloud-based, end-to-end platform offers fully integrated solutions for reservation management, trust accounting and online marketing, with high-ranking, high-conversion dynamic websites and an extensive affiliate marketing program. The company is a proud Gold Sponsor of the Vacation Rental Manager’s Association (VRMA).
Visit LiveRez.com to learn more:
| Did you like this post?
Please consider "liking" it and sharing it on your social media channels via the buttons below. You can also follow us and get notifications of all new posts via the "Follow" button in the bottom right-hand part of the screen.